Did you know that the Careers Service is open all summer?
- If you are a student or graduate of The University of Manchester you can use us all year round and are eligible for full services for 3 years after you graduate.
- During the summer both guidance appointments and our daily drop-in service are available.
- If you are a recent graduate from another UK university outside the Manchester area you may be eligible to use our drop- in service in July and August – see the information on graduate access cards . We would also recommend that you contact your own University careers service to see what they can offer you.
Did you know that we can help you even if you are out of the area or overseas?
(These services are only available to University of Manchester students and graduates)
- Talk to a careers adviser online – using LiveGuidance
- Use our careers forums to share experiences and questions with other students
- Get advice by phone:
If you need a few tips or a quick piece of advice the information team may be able to help you there and then. We are open 9-5 Monday to Friday: Ring 0161 275 2829.
If you have an in-depth enquiry or need to discuss your plans in detail, we may refer you for a guidance appointment. We will discuss your needs and schedule an appropriate time for you to talk to a consultant by phone.
- E-mail us – best for information-based questions or tips on CVs and applications.
Other sources of help
Use our website to find vacancies, and to get you started on your career planning.
Try Prospects website – the jobs and work section is great for exploring options and finding out about entry into different job roles.
Talk to friends and family about their jobs – their experiences may give you an insight into careers you had not previously considered.
Don’t forget if you are graduating to check out the graduate blog for the lastest on vacancy updates and news.