Pearson Education, the leading publisher for higher education, is now once again looking for bright, motivated university students to become part of its Pearson Student Advisory Board from September 2011 until June 2012. Could you be one of the 8 students selected?
This is a brilliant opportunity for any current 1st or 2nd year students who want to get experience in any of the following areas: publishing, education, business or marketing.Pearson are looking for students who are passionate about the experience of learning and care about helping those in education to reach their full potential to work on projects on the University campus and attend two expenses-paid residential weekends.
Why should students join?
- Gain valuable CV building experience – before graduation
- Work on projects across your own campus and attend two expenses paid, residential weekends within the year
- Receive a £500 stipend plus free Pearson textbooks for the year
- Get the opportunity to meet Pearson executives and influence decision makers at the highest level
- Have the support of a Pearson mentor throughout your time on the Board
Who can apply?
- Students must be in their first or second year at the time of application (or third year of a four year degree)
- Students must not be due to graduate before June 2012
How to apply
Submit the following:
- A CV with details of two referees (one must be a university academic)
- A covering letter that outlines details of your course and academic attainment to date
- A 100-word summary outlining interest in and suitability for becoming a Board member
Send your completed application to Helen Buzdugan, Careers Consultant at the University of Manchester Careers Service via email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 February 2011.
To find out more about the advisory board so you can make your application as targeted and high quality as possible, see www.pearsoned.co.uk/psab or contact email@example.com 01279 623316.