Pearson Education, the leading publisher for higher education, is now once again looking for bright, motivated university students to become part of its Pearson Student Advisory Board from September 2012 until June 2013. Could you be one of the 8 students selected?
Those selected to be on the board will work on individual projects on campus on behalf of Pearson and attend 3 expenses paid residential weekends sharing their ideas with the Pearson executive board.
For at least the last 3 years, a student from the University of Manchester has been one of a select group of 8 students from all over the UK to join the Board, and we’re obviously keen that this trend continues! This year, we have done particularly well as we are the only university to have not one but two students on the Board!
Find out more about the Pearson Student Advisory Board here: www.pearsoned.co.uk/psab
- It’s a great way for students who are interested in a career in business, marketing, education or publishing in particular, to get some valuable experience for their CV.
- The board will get the opportunity to meet Pearson executives and influence decision makers at the highest level.
- A £500 bursary and free books are provided, as well as the support of a Pearson mentor for the duration of your time on the board.
Who can apply?
Pearson are looking for undergraduate students in any subject (currently in their 1st, 2nd or penultimate year) who are “passionate about the experience of learning and care about helping those in education to reach their full potential.”
How to apply
Send your completed application to Janet Willis, Careers Consultant at the University of Manchester Careers Service via email: email@example.com in the form of:
- A CV with details of two referees (one must be an academic)
- A covering letter that outlines details of the student’s course and academic attainment to date
- A 100-word summary outlining interest in and suitability for becoming a Board member
Deadline is Friday 30th January 2011.