August 10, 2011
An exciting opportunity for students and graduates in Manchester in a couple of weeks time.
The Start-up Britain Summer Bus Tour will be visiting Manchester Science Park from 1-4pm on Wednesday 24th August.
For those interested in setting-up their own business or going freelance, this is an ideal opportunity to meet the experts, find a mentor and network with local successful entrepreneurs.
Register your interest at http://www.startupbritain.org/
On board the bus will be the following:
- Business experts – giving advice on everything from opening bank accounts to trading online, sourcing insurance, managing money, tech set-up and sorting IP
- Star local entrepreneurs – who will speed mentor small businesses
- Local award winners – from Barclays Take One Small Step, Shell Livewire and other small business competitions
- Media – as we run a session called ‘Meet the Editor’, where small businesses get tips from local editors on how to get into the local press
- Small business authors – from the local area
- A travelling small business shop and library – with many great business resources
- StartUp Local champions – meet those who are helping launch StartUp Britain in local areas
- Prize give-aways – every day, with a chance to win a Dell laptop
- Members of the StartUp Britain founding team – ask them questions from about the future of the campaign to how you might get involved
Plus much more!
October 9, 2009
Venture Out is an ideas competition for students at The University of Manchester run by the Manchester Enterprise Centre.
There are three categories, with prizes of up to £1,000 on offer.
- CEEBL Green award – rewarding ideas to improve the environment
- Social Enterprise award – rewarding ideas to improve the lives of individuals and of communities
- Business Innovation award – rewarding ideas that have commercial potential through new products or services
At this stage you simply need to explain your ideas and how they will have a positive impact on the lives of others.
Interested students are welcome to attend a workshop designed to help them get their creative ideas flowing. This workshop take place on Friday 9 October between 12pm and 12.45pm in Lecture Theatre A in University Place.
There is also a workshop planned for students specifically interested in the CEEBL Green award. This workshop is taking place on Thursday 15 October between 4pm and 6.30pm at CEEBL C24 in the Sackville Street building.
More information on applying and booking onto workshops
November 14, 2008
Next week (from Monday 17th November) is Enterprise Week across the UK, and it’s all about helping you become more enterprising, finding opportunities to help you develop your skills and widen your experiences. This is vital if you are considering starting your own business now or in the future – or just want to make yourself more employable and attractive to recruiters.
There are a lot of activities going on in Manchester, from an essential “How to Start Your Own Business” workshop in the Careers Service through to the Business North West fair and conference, where you can hear talks from professionals such as Max Clifford, the PR Guru and Stephen Haines, Facebook Sales Director.
Find out more about what is happening in Enterprise Week.